Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shary Boyle represents Canada in Venice 2013



I've always liked Shary Boyles' surreal, imaginative art ever since I first saw it many years ago online. Well, I just discovered that she will represent Canada at the Venice Biennale 2013. Wow. What an amazing honor. It's wonderful to know that Canada recognizes this gifted woman as a major artist.
And, she's only 41.
The actual Venice preview opens tomorrow, May 29, 2013.
Here's a link to some of her work: Jessica Bradley Art + Projects
She paints, sculpts porcelain, does performances and installations. She made all brand new work for the Biennale. Can't wait to catch glimpses of it online. A Globe and Mail article says she worked 80 hour weeks, 14-hour days in Canada, preparing for this show, after visiting the location in Venice. She embraced the project for a year and I'm sure it will be a fabulous environment full of her own personal brand of wit, charm and artistry.
LINK 
I just wish I could see it in person.
UPDATE 5/29/13: A few photos and news story: LINK
 Virus, 2009, Shary Boyle


No comments: