Friday, January 11, 2013

Stu Mead and Dorothea Tanning exhibits

Ape-Girl-Artist painting by Stu Mead 2012
 Birthday drawing by Dorothea Tanning 1976

 There are a couple of events happening in California tomorrow (Sat. Jan 12th, 2013) that I would not mind going to. The first is a Stu Mead exhibit at Hyaena Gallery (1928 West Olive, Burbank, CA). The opening party is from 8 pm til midnight. What fun! I can't go because I live up in Oregon, but I would if I could. Stu Mead lives and works in Berlin, Germany. His solo show will be up until January 31st, 2013.  I just ordered his new book Fentasia.
The second event is a scholarly one called A Dorothea Tanning Round Table Discussion from 2pm - 3:30 pm at Gallery Wendi Norris (161 Jessie Street San Francisco, CA). The gallery is currently having a Dorothea Tanning exhibit: Unknown, But Knowable States (Jan 10- March 12th). Dorothea Tanning, surrealist painter, lived to be 101 years old. She passed away about a year ago. I like this drawing she did called "Birthday" (same title as one of her books).

No comments: