Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Some Photos From Recent Trip to L.A.

Kirsten Anderson (of Roq La Rue Gallery, Seattle) and artist Joey Remmers pose in front of a magnificent Nick Brandt photo at the Kingdom Animalia show in Anaheim Hills, CA on Friday evening, June 29th, 2012. (See my previous blog post for more details and info: LINK  )
I'm standing in front of a wall of paintings (my "Blue Mirror" painting is to the left of my head) at the Kingdom Animalia Show. It was a lovely opening - lots of excellent animal-themed works complete with fabulous food and ice sculpture- to benefit the Big Life Foundation.  LINK to artwork.
Back at the hotel. It had an ocean view from the terrace.
I got lucky on Saturday. Artist Joshua Petker was having an artist talk about his show ("Adrift") with Howard Fox (who was LACMA curator of Contemporary Art for many years) at LeBasse Projects. Wonderful show. Great people. Thank you Beau Basse.
On Saturday, I also got to see an amazing show of paintings and ceramic sculptures by Allison Schulnik ("Salty Air") at Mark Moore Gallery. I blogged about her animations earlier (Hobo Clown and Mound ). They were showing "Mound" in the back room.

No comments: